I came upon a blog post that explains why we can’t help but kick ass at pole. Here’s an excerpt that really struck me:
Proper fundamentals allow us to:
1. recruit the proper muscles for each skill in a way that maximizes our strength, ensures joint integrity & our physical safety
2. dance with aesthetically beautiful, clean lines
3. generate push/pull forces to create resistance and stability
4. generate spin impulse and sustain a spin using centrifugal force
5. create fulcrums that support static poses whether we’re upright or inverted
6. utilize pivot points for turns and spirals
Are you kidding me? That’s what I’ve been doing? No wonder even beginner work is hard! No wonder I feel so powerful when I fly and spin and dance!
The whole series is cute; obviously a take on a well-known 12-step recovery program. Step 6 has holistic remedies to pole side-effect injuries. Step 7 probably deserves a whole post on NOT becoming a perfectionist. A POLE ADDICT’S GUIDE TO
Am I the only one who forgets how amazing we are in pursuit of the next amazing thing? Well done, everyone who ever came back for their second class!